Charity Bishop's "I, Claudia" in Kindle format is free this week on Amazon!


Hello to my faithful readers! This week I've got great news for you!

Roma Downey and Mark Burnett recently released the incredibly moving film Son of God in theaters everywhere. Seriously, it's probably in a theater near you, and if it is, you need to go see it. Mark and Roma have pledged a multi-million dollar fundraiser for Compassion International whose tagline is, "Releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name." It doesn't get much better than that.

My own little plug aside, Charity Bishop, a long-time friend of mine and self-published author, is offering her book, I, Claudia, absolutely free in KINDLE format on Amazon. This is a special promotion that ends on March 15th so you have limited time to take her up on the offer!

For those of you unfamiliar with Claudia, she is the wife of Pontius Pilate, the man who ultimately washed his hands of Jesus' fate, thereby condemning him to death. This is Claudia's story as you have never read it before, and will never read it again.

Let's be honest, guys. It's tough being a self-published author! This is a fantastic book and it deserves a little added attention. You can't go wrong with a free Kindle download. So please, head on over to I, Claudia's page on Amazon and click the little button. Make me happy!

If it all possible, even consider adding a review to Amazon for the book. Goodreads is another great option to give a book a little extra push to get it in the public sphere. I loved it, and I hope you'll love it too!

Also, I reviewed I, Claudia several months ago when Charity first released it. So, if you like, check out MY REVIEW!

The promotion ends 3/15 so get your copy now!

Comments

  1. You're a darling! Thanks for the plug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I definitely can't pass up free, even though I prefer to read real paper books instead of my computer screen. I look forward to reading it!

    I've heard good and bad about Son of God, one reviewer said that they didn't add anything contrary to the Bible, but just some "artistic license" sorts of extras, and then I read another review with very detailed comparison with scripture references of what, and how they changed things and it sounded very bad to me. Mary Magdalene being the "13th" disciple, and altering how Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead... I don't know what to think. Have you seen it yourself?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope when you do get to read it, that you enjoy it! I'm more of a paper girl myself, but I do admit that my Kindle makes my life a little easier. Otherwise I'd haul 3 or 4 books with me whenever I left the house! *winks*

      I have seen Son of God, as well as the episodes from The Bible miniseries that they used to make the movie. I'm more with the first reviewer on the whole artistic license thing. They took some, but not enough to freak me out. I hated Christian Bale's Jesus movie and this was nothing anywhere near as bad. Just artistic license.

      The 2nd reviewer you found is being overly critical, by a fairly large margin. Mary Magdalene traveled with the disciples, that's an accepted fact. She wasn't a "disciple," but she was there, and she should have been so I had no problems with it. I'm not sure how the Lazarus scene could have been upsetting. It didn't go down quite as it did in the Bible, at least not with Mary and Martha sending ahead to let Jesus know Lazarus was dying. I wish they had added that bit, but eh, it wasn't a big deal to me.

      Overall, I think the criticisms against the movie are too harsh. We're good with changes made to literature like The Lord of the Rings, but not to a little creative license with the Bible? I mean, I know it's God's holy word, but it's incredible the amount of people who are going to see Son of God. Getting the Word out there is, for me, more important than being 100% accurate, especially about things that the Bible never covered. I don't like seeing all the negativity floating around against Mark and Roma and against the film. I loved it, pretty much every moment of it, and I think they covered Jesus' life probably at least as good as or better than any other Jesus film out there.

      Getting off my soap box now! *winks*

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Book to Movie: Thoughts on "Stand by Me" (1986) and the original short story "The Body" by Stephen King

Jane Eyre Read-Along: Thoughts on Chapters 1-10

Classics Club Review: Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte (1847)